Newsmag is a modern WordPress theme that lets you write articles and blog posts with ease. We offer great support and friendly help!
The Newsmag template is excellent for a news, newspaper, magazine, publishing or review site. It also supports videos from YouTube and features a rating system. It uses the best clean SEO practices, and on top of that, it’s fast, simple, and easy to use. In addition, News mag supports responsive Google Ads and AdSense.
A word about speed:
We spent a considerable amount of time tweaking every aspect of the theme to perform at it’s absolute best.
All the queries are hand inspected to be optimal, all the images and resources are carefully compress to make the site load blazing fast and all the scripts are profiled and modified to run at top speed.
The full list of features:
- Homepage – We have a lot of homepages in the main menu of the demo
- Search – unique SEO optimized search template
- Blog index
- Author – post count, comments count and author widget
- Category – breadcrumbs, subcategories and category description.
- Tag – easy tagcloud navigation via widget
- 404 template – with latest posts
- Live search with ajax and up down keys
- One click demo install – NO MORE .XML files, with just one click you have the demo data installed
- Powered by Visual Composer – the best Drag and Drop page builder
- Custom auto scaling content blocks – a block changes it’s structure to work perfectly (in sidebar, full width or pages with sidebar)
- Responsive Google AdSense support via our custom admin panel – the scripts loads a different google adsense spot for each screen size. Once it’s loaded it doesn’t modify it in order to be 100% compliant with Google adSense TOS.
- Responsive ads support – for ad networks that allow multiple ad spots on the same div or if you want to show your own ads on different devices. This option will change the ad spot on the fly, for example when a tablet is changed from landscape to portrait. (the header banner from the demo site is using this system)
- Inline Google AdSense or other ads after a predefined number of paragraphs
- Auto youtube, dailymotion and vimeo thumb downloader – just paste a youtube url and the site will download the largest image available from the clip automatically and it will set it as a featured image. Very easy to add videos to articles.
- Built in review system (stars, percents, points)
- SEO: Schema with rich snippet microdata for articles and reviews
- Built in translation support from our admin panel. No more .po .mo files, you just get a form with all the strings from the theme and the corresponding translations. We hate po mo files
- Multi Language site support via the free qTranslate plugin. All from wp-admin.
- All the global settings are available in the wordpress theme customizer with live preview
- gif animation support – this is a beta feature.
- Google fonts – change the fonts easy from the admin panel
- Sticky navigation menu – with option to enable, disable or enable only on big screens (not on phones)
- Each category has:
- custom layout (no sidebar, sidebar left, sidebar right)
- big grid with latest posts (optional)
- custom colors
- custom module style (loop style)
- custom sidebar
- Unlimited sidebars – each post, page, category can have it’s own sidebar. Also the author, search, tag, blog index templates all have custom sidebars
- Built in related posts based on tags, author or category
- Easy Google analytics support (just paste the code in our admin)
- 4 footer layouts
- 16 custom content blocks (ajax enabled with subcategories and pagination)
- Block 1
- Block 2
- Block 3
- Block 4
- Block 5
- Block 6
- Block 7
- Block 8
- Block 9
- Block 10
- Block 11
- Block 12
- Block 13
- Block 14
- Block 15
- Block 16
- 11 extra content blocks
- Custom widgets
- All the 16 content blocks are also available as widgets
- Popular category widget – show most popular category
- Author box widget – show authors sorted by number of posts, or by name
- Social counter widget – a social counter that shows numbers of likes, followers or subscribers
- Ad box – allow you to select an ad zone (you define the responsive ad zones in our panel)
We personally respond to all the request that we receive and we are trying to help everyone.
Please visit our support forum.
Thanks for your interest in our theme!
Radu, Marius, Luci, Emil and Nicu from tagDiv
Version 2.3.4 – December 24th, 2015
- new: visual composer was updated to the latest version 4.9
- new: revolution slider was updated to the latest version 5.1.5
- fix: modified structured data to comply with Google’s new requirements
- fix: pagination was not working on categories with big grid disabled on WordPress 4.4
Version 2.3.2 – November 30, 2015
- new: social counter version + fix for facebook like counter. Facebook requires now an API key, read more here: http://forum.tagdiv.com/tagdiv-social-counter-tutorial/
Version 2.3.1 – November 12th, 2015
- new: added http channel test status in the system status panel. You can now check if the theme is able to get the tweet count, like count etc from your host.
- misc: added the new google ads sizes to the panel
- fix: sorting bug on custom page loops
- fix: removed unused code from the theme + theme panel. We shipped the weather widget code by mistake. The widget is not ready yet.
- fix: the documentation url for demos was wrong in wp-admin
- fix: error that was showing up in logs when the theme panel was saved
- fix: we updated the ads links to point to the right documentation
The list of modified files | Read more about this update – on our blog
Version 2.3 – November 10th, 2015
- new: each demo now uses a separate css generator for that modifies the appearance of the theme. The theme now generates just the required css to for each demo.
- new: You can now show in all the blocks and widgets site wide popular articles in the last days provided by the Jetpack plugin
- new: Travel demo
- new: the theme now has it’s own logging system. We can now debug hosting issues easier.
- new: a new self diagnosting and self configurating module that allows our theme to pull data from other sites more reliably.
- fix: paragraphs in comments on posts and in wooCommerce now have appropriate spacing
- fix: on post pages if the author box was hidden, the theme was sometimes producing invalid author links
- fix: possible function name collision of our gallery filter. Thanks to @denimology form our forum for this suggestion.
- fix: tabs widget from VC, the shortcode was changed in the latest VC version and it lose the theme style
- fix: non adsense ads can be disabled responsive using the panel options
- fix: g+ new icon
- fix: theme animations where incompatible with some plugins and the visual composer gallery. The animations still worked but all of them looked a bit strange.
- misc: the backend editor style that is used in TinyMCE no longer compiles on demand. We ship a ready compiled css and this makes the editor load faster
- misc: added link to user page on login widget from top menu
- misc: social counter button is clickable on the entire area
- misc: the theme’s data source class can now be overwritten from the child theme
- misc: all the widgets from the theme are now optimized to work better. The widget_builder class is now deprecated and all the functionality was moved to td_block_widget
- misc: the video playlist now downloads the videos metadata on render, not on save post. This allows us to use the playlist on the on click demos.
- misc: the following modules of the theme are loaded on demand now: td_log, td_remote_http, td_remote_video, td_data_source, td_video_support, td_more_article_box, td_page_views, td_review, td_ajax. This means that the theme loads them only when needed. We mesured a 10% faster load time after this tweak.
Version 2.2 – September 1st, 2015
- new: we are using a new less compiler for the css. This prepares our theme for the next stage when we will optimize css delivery based on settings and components used
- new: this is the first version of our ajax preloader. The preloader loads the ajax subcategories on the initial pageload, this provides a better user experience and in some cases a better performance if the initial page is cache.
- new: all categories now have an option for infinite loading + load more instead of pagination
- new: wooCommerce invoicing plugin
- new: wooCommerce label maker plugin with support for label Dymo label printer
- fix: on the ad block the sidebar ad spot cannot be selected since the last visual composer update
- fix: live ajax search box in specific circumstances was linking to categories instead of the actual search results
- fix: security issue with the ajax code that handles the sidebars.
- fix: issue with ajax subcategories. If you clicked them fast enough there was a chance that they will desynchronized with the content, showing the wrong content.
- fix: the smart sidebar animates better now when it’s used with the smart affix menu
- fix: we added the alt tag to placeholder feature images and the thumb disabled images
- misc: mega menu ajax loading now works smoother and the animation is top to bottom
- misc: infinite loader now has a loading animation
- misc: we improved the loading animation, when needed it’s smaller and it looks better
- misc: revolution slider was updated to the latest version
Version 2.1 – July 30th, 2015
we added 6 new unique grids to the theme
we added 7 grid styles (each grid can use one of the styles) this allows you to make a lot of combinations and make your site unique
Custom Posts Types panel – from here you can customize the single for specific custom post types. For example you can choose what taxonomy to use for breadcrumbs, the category spot and the tags spot.
Custom taxonomy panel – customize the module used for listings, the sidebar position and sidebar for each taxonomy.
taxonomy.php – all the taxonomy archives are handled by that file
our new single templates can be easily adapted to custom post types by just copying them to something like single-YourCPT.php
the WooCommerce single template is now a separate file and it supports site wide sidebar position + sidebar and per product settings
On Custom Post Types you can set now the sidebar position and sidebar on a per post basis
better child theme support. The blocks, modules, single template, all WordPress templates, some core components and single loops are now easily overwritten via the child theme
HTML is now allow on the author box on the author page
we updated the visual composer plugin to the latest version.
this update brings the start of a new system that will load only the required CSS. In this first step we switched the WooCommerce css to the new system and it’s loaded only when it’s required. With time as we make sure that the system is stable, we will move all the plugin css externally and more
demo installer error when the uploads folder doesn’t have the required permissions
missing border top setting for blocks
missing colour preset setting from the blocks panel
the settings for the loop in the “page builder + loop” template did not worked as expected
on the pagebuilder + loop template when you selected a category the pagination was showing a warning
view all results when searching was returning a page with the two words marged instead of separated
the category page was showing a warning when an ID that does not exist was requested and a 404 was generated. The featured filter on category pages was also affected.
all the metadata exposed by the theme was audited and we fixed all the issues found. The new Google Metadata Testing Tool was updated and it reported some missing metadata.
fix better new
Version 2.0 – July 8th, 2015
UPDATE NOTICE: If you use the option to show the logo on sticky menu, please clear the cache. Please update tagDiv social counter and Visual Composer to the latest version.
we audited the theme and and we made major improvements in speed and memory usage, especially in use cases that have big taxonomies, like a lot of categories or tags.
the blocks, modules, single template, all WordPress templates, some core components and single loops are now easily overwritten via the child theme method
welcome panel with theme information and introduction
plugins panel that provides an easyer way to install bundled plugins
one click demos that just work. The demos can be inported with or without content
system status tab – the theme now dettects common hosting and configurations issues
more options in Theme Panel for the Logo on Sticky menu settings
more options in Theme Panel for Footer color, now you can change the text color, links hover color and widgets header color
we finally added the general setting for the modal window. Switch it on and all the images from posts and pages will have a modal window
tagDiv’s WP Booster API System is the new amazing tool designed to let you customize your theme even more
custom made background stratching script.
added excerpt option for mega menu posts
tooltip in the theme panel. We use it to display additional information for complex settings. The goal is to bring the documentation where the settings is.
added .screen-reader-text class for better usability
visual composer updated to the latest version
all the page options metaboxes where restyled and grouped in tabs. Now it’s easier than ever to find and modify any option
the helpful tooltip is present for metaboxes too
better trasnaltions for multiple languages. Thanks to all the people who help us translate the theme!
better compatibility with Visual Composer. Better support for full width, parallax and colors on rows
removed the Quotes from shortcodes and added as Formats in Tinymce for live view
removed the Dropcaps from shortcodes and added as Formats in Tinymce for live view
the panel now uses the modern WordPress media upload
the inline ad now works with justified text or other additional classes on the p element
the theme tries to download higher resolution images for vimeo featured videos
better smart lists + yoast analytics compatibility
the new child theme includes the css via enqueue_style instead of @import. This change improves the child theme’s css loading time.
added translation for ‘of’ string
speed booster 4.1 works better now and automatically detects incompatible plugins
tagDivsocial counter updated to the latest version + instagram counter fix
the background url was fixed to work better. Please set it again if you encounter problems
woocommerce typography space issue
twitter embed appearance
block quote color in accordance with the block title background color
mega menu long post title brake sub-categories alignment
IOS slide custom header color not work
fix better new
Version 1.7.2 – June 23rd, 2015
visual composer – latest version update
grey panel issue on some hosts (the panel was not loading completely)
Version 1.7.1 – April 23rd, 2015
UPDATE DESCRIPTION: This update brings a better compatibility with WordPress 4.2, Youtube V3 api support and also some hot fixes
UPDATE NOTICE: Please update your social counter plugin to V 2.10. The plugin was changed to work with YouTube’s API V3
WordPress 4.2 compatibility – in some instances the old version of the theme may loose the settings for specific categories due to this WordPress bug that was fixed in 4.2
security update – the TGM Plugin Activation class that is recommended by Envato and used by most of the themes here has a security vulnerability that allows cross site script execution. We patched it in this version. Read more here and here
visual composer updated to the latest version. It fixes a small issue with WordPress 4.2
option to disable the image lazy loading animation
option to disable the smooth scroll on browsers that do not have smooth scrolling support
the lazy loading animation waits a predefined time until it show all the images. This prevents situations when a missing image prevented all the other images to appear
better pagination system (sometimes it was adding … between consecutive numbers)
trending now block is now animated and looks more nice
general animation tweaks (subcategories, lazy loading, load more)
the theme and social counter now uses YouTube API V3
the featured video now works with https hosts
the comment list is now visible even when the comments are closed (the same behavior as the default wordpress themes)
https for video format posts
video playlist on https sites
Load more button now fades out when there are no more posts to display
issue with title of post text encoding
When using block 14 after block 11 now its showing properly
the background ad url field from our panel was not working properly sometimes
vimeo video player shortcode now works as expected
fix better new
Version 1.7 – March 20th, 2015
animation stack – all the animations form the theme are now faster
custom made lazy loading effect on images. We took the time to create the best lazy loading effect from scratch. All the scripts that we use for it are custom made and are design to work as fast as possible with our themes.
two additional ad spots
(metadata) all the pages from the theme pass the new google metadata validation tool
better custom ads support in panel
better excerpts panel with more information
we moved the ‘disable comments on pages’ setting to the Page template section
now on category pages the theme only gets child categories for the top level ones. Otherwise it will show the siblings
we refactor the live ajax search box, it now provides a better user experience and it’s preapared for major improvements
better scrolling experience on google chrome
updated visual composer plugin to the latest version
rss + excerpts issue, if wordpress was set to show rss excerpts, it was showing only 4 words
android chrome css issues (the small font icons where not aligned properly)
fix better new
Version 1.6 – February 26th, 2015
when you have background color on site, the color disappear on post style 6
the two strings that where not translated properly
arrow list shortcode
issue with page template options on sites that did not use the english language
featured image placeholders now work as expected again
hide and show category label panel setting
search icon click on affix was going back to top
excerpt not working for trending now
excerpt missing for mega menu title
links that contained only #_and_something did not work
https issue on backend. TinyMCE font was loaded via HTTP
astpect ration for vimeo videos
better top bar settings
social icons moved in their own panel in backend
better footer panel with better text and better organization
better woocommerce 2.3 compatibility
faster category page, the system that pulls the subcategories uses two less queries
removed width of the top bar for better spacing
removed the texture from parallax templates (prevent flickering)
footer template system
category template system + category top post style template. Currently we do not deliver any new templates but this system paves the way for easy user customizations via plugins and it also allows us to add new styles.
when subcategories don’t fit in the category page, the theme will make a drop down with the excess categories
RGBA color picker in panel. You can now use colors with alpha blending (transparency) on all the elements of the theme that support colors
fix better new